B.Sc. Computer Science
University of Toronto
Currently pursuing a double major in Computer Science and East Asian Studies.
Full-stack Software Developer
- Developed a bespoke OAuth solution with Spring 5, enabling Single Sign On across multiple independent services.
- Optimized hot-path MongoDB queries use a fast ElasticSearch layer, reducing database roundtrips and load times.
- Assisted in the migration of an Angular.js application to React.
- Containerized legacy vTiger CRM using Docker, reducing maintenance costs and increasing reliability.
- Created a mobile invoicing solution using React and Progressive Web Apps, optimizing the workflow of sales staff.
- Administered Windows and Linux desktop and server systems.
Open Source and Personal Projects
Parser for ISO Base Media Format aka video/mp4 written in Rust.
Fast and simple music organizer with advanced query engine.
- Implemented parsing for iTunes MP4 Metadata atoms.
Comprehensive framework for creating game console emulator frontends.
- Wrote a fast custom lexer and parser for complex library queries.
- Created Rust bindings to C++ and C# music tagging libraries.
Open Source System Menu replacement for the Nintendo DSi.
- Plugin based architecture using dependency injection.
- Uses dynamic proxies and syntax trees to generate configuration of external programs.
- Client-server model uses GraphQL endpoints to communicate with a React frontend.
- Includes APIs for library management, application orchestration, metadata
- Low-level optimization and refactoring of programs for a low-resource environment.
- Created a header-only flexible menu framework using variant types.
- Implemented audio streaming from an SD card using only 384KB of RAM.
Skills and Technologies
- Full-stack, systems, and application programming experience.
- Architecturing small-to-medium sized software projects.
- User interface and experience design.
- DevOps and build tooling for continuous integration.